Friday, November 30, 2012

November Foodie Pen Pals Reveal Day

This month I participated for the first time in a program all foodies should take part in: Foodie Pen Pals.  When I first heard about the program several weeks ago, I was intrigued.  I love talking food with people who share the same interest.  So what is it do you ask?  Foodie Pen Pals was started in 2011 by Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean.  It is where you send your assigned pen pal a goodie box of food products that is worth $15 along with something handwritten (maybe a recipe or an explanation of the things you sent).  These foods can be any thing of your choice, depending on your pen pal's dietary needs of course.  At the beginning of every month, you get paired up with your pen pal.  It is your responsibility to email them to find out what their dietary needs are, likes, dislikes, and so on.  You mail out your goodie box by the 15th of the month, and if you are a blogger, you write about the box you received at the end of the month.  Blog readers, you can take part too!  Fun right??  How do you get involved?  Click the link below.  But for the month of December, FPP is taking a hiatus to raise money to help victims of Hurricane Sandy.  Click HERE for more information and to get involved.

FPP post Foodie Penpals

I had such a blast in my first month of participating.  This month I received a goodie box from Margaret from Raleigh, NC.  She emailed me the day we received our matching (which I loved!) and felt she was very thorough in her questions on what to choose for me.  Once November 15th came, I anxiously awaited for my goodie box.  When it came, I could not wait to open it. 


She sent me sweet potato crackers (delicious!), homemade roasted peanut butter with honey and salt (yum!), pomegranate molasses, Escazu chocolate, and a very sweet card explaining her goodies.  She said the pomegranate molasses is commonly used in Middle Eastern dishes.  I cannot wait to try this out!  I will admit that I took a finger swipe of it and the taste is indescribable!  I will be sad the day it runs out, but there are many recipes that explain how to make it.  Looks to be pretty easy.  Honestly, if Michelle didn't send me some I probably wouldn't have thought it would be worth the trouble making some! THANK YOU, MARGARET!!


I haven't tasted the Escazu chocolate yet.  Saving it for a weekend at home, on the couch, catching up on my TV shows.  Dietetic internship keeps me pretty busy and can't stay awake past 9:30pm to watch anything.  So far, what I love about this chocolate is that they include a batch number on each bar and that they are a local producer that cares about their product.  I'll be sad the day I finish this chocolate.  Can't wait for the next FPP starting in January; meanwhile, participate in Foodie Pen Pals for Hurricane Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Again - Thank you for the wonderful box of goodies you sent to me! I posted over at undeservingyetoverblessed.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete