But on New Year's Day, I had some of the best cabbage I've ever had. It had the perfect balance of sweet and bitter. The cabbage had a nice crunch to it still. And it was all rounded out by the sausage and potatoes. This recipe is very simple to make and the longer it sits in the fridge, the better it tastes (even cold).
Makes 8 servings
1 lb Kielbasa Turkey Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
4 tbsp Butter or Olive Oil, divided
1 large Cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 large Onion, chopped
3-4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
4 Red Potatoes, cubed
1 tsp Paprika
- Add cubed potatoes to a pot. Add water until just covered. Add salt. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt 1 tbsp butter. Add sausage. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining butter to pot. Sauté cabbage, onions, and garlic until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. I like to add plenty of pepper.
- Combine cabbage, sausage, and potatoes.
Calories: 266 Total Fat: 12.6 g Sodium: 665 mg Total Carb: 28.4 g Fiber: 5.7 g Protein: 12.8 g Vitamin C: 110% DV Calcium: 10% DV
Iron: 11% DV