....But it's that time of the month! Foodie Pen Pals!! This month I received a goodie box from Kellie from Life As A Redhead. And when I say goodie box, I mean goodie box! She sent me some wonderful items. Here is a list of the items she sent me:
- PB 2: This is a jar of powdered peanut butter. I was very intrigued. Never have I seen powdered peanut butter. Tried it.... tastes like peanut butter!! I cannot wait to use it in some recipes. I don't have want make the usual PB&J. I'm thinking cookies, smoothies, oatmeal, pancakes. The possibilities are endless!
- Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous: Couscous is one of my favorite go-to staples I keep in my pantry at all times. I usually buy a bulk container and season it myself (way cheaper), so this was a treat for me!
- Ancient Harvest Inca Red Quinoa: I do enjoy making quinoa, but I don't usually keep it in my cabinet. (Bad RD to be!). It is a great substitute for bulgar, which is not a fave grain of mine, and I like to use it when I make tabbouleh in the summer. It is packed full of nutrients and has all of the essential proteins!
- SunRype Fruit Strips: I must confess. When I think fruit strips, I think of those sugary roll-up "fruit" treats. And I do still buy them periodically. And I may or may not consume them within
one twothree days of purchasing them. Tried these. LOVE THEM! Sadly, I have yet to find them in stores around where I live, but the search is on!!
- Homemade granola: And without tree nuts! I have such a hard time finding granola and granola bars that don't have tree nuts in them. And I haven't taken the time to make my own granola. Kellie was so considerate of my allergy to make some and send it, with the recipe, too! (THANK YOU, KELLIE!!)
- Spice mixture with dehydrated orange, fennel, and fleur de sel. Good on seafood, poultry, and veggies. Or so it says on the label. I had some tilapia the other night for dinner and completely forgot I had a new spice to try out
What is Food Pen Pals you ask?
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
You must submit your information by February 4th as pairings will be emailed on February 5th!
*If you're from Europe, please CLICK HERE to signup.